Friday, June 27, 2008

National champs video



So, if this uploads correctly this should provide the video footage of my NR dive there. A couple of comments on the video:

  • The technique is surprisingly good, taking into account that I had used that mono and 2-kick and glide - style for only 4 times ...
  • I still do the knee-kick, but with this kick-glide technique it is not anymore that critical
  • Upper body is quite stable and balanced.
  • I'll manage to maintain surprisingly steady and relaxed pace throughout the dive, which is extremely good!
  • The mono is slightly too hard, as my knees keep opening on every kick, but this could only be due to the lack of training with this fin. I have trained lower abs quite much, so I should be able to manage this strength better from now on.
  • The mono blade is very well done and bends very evenly
  • I have to work more on my ankle flexibility, as that is the weakest link preventing more hydrodynamic gliding position
  • The surface protocol looks as easy as it felt back then. Some more experience on 175+ dives, and then shooting for the 200m mark... :)
For the coming summer the main emphasis will though be on another freediving project: www.dive4aid.net (English pages should be up and running after weekend). Long story short: two training friends and I are planning to collect money for charity (MS-disease and Leukemia) by attempting to break all the Finnish men's depth diving national records in Menorca this July-August. We're planning to update the training diary almost daily, so keep postes over there. And feel free to contribute :).

-EeroS

No comments: